Monday, June 9, 2008

Holy Molar!!


Just a few tips to consider when visiting your friendly dentist (dental hygienist).

1. Yes, it is an absolute necessity to brush your teeth before you go.

2. If you have to pee, do it BEFORE I come out to the waiting room to get you.

3. You have been swallowing your own saliva all day. Just because you sit in my chair does NOT mean you need suction.

4. I don't care if you just picked your kid up from school and he is hungry. Under no circumstances is it okay to feed him oreo cookies on the drive to the office.

5. Yes, I know you are lying when you tell me you floss.

6. Me flossing your teeth 2 times a year does not mean you floss, It means I do!!

7. If your kid can't sit in the corner quietly while you are getting your teeth cleaned, don't bring them.

8. If you have a "food trap" between 2 teeth, at least attempt to clean it out before you come in. Use whatever means necessary, i.e: toothbrush, floss, toothpick, screwdriver, jackhammer,or backhoe. I don't like cleaning today's lunch out of your teeth, much less yesterday's or last week's!!

9. Last, but not least: BRUSH YOUR DAMN TEETH!!!!! (please)

3 comments:

Magi said...

AMEN!!!!!!

Now if I only had dental insurance....

Margaret said...

Peeing my pants! I could never do your job! By the way...can you clean my teeth when you come home this summer? I am a poor student. :(

zgirl said...

Yes Margaret. I'll clean your teeth!

(Note to self: bring flashlight and rusty instruments home!)