Friday, May 23, 2008

Lifes a Beach


So, wanna know how to get to the beach from my house?
Make a left out of my neighborhood, turn right at the light, and drive 5 miles.
Bam, you are now at the beach!
Not just any old beach mind you, but Siesta Key Beach.
It was rated one of America's top 10 beaches.
It has the most beautiful white sand. It literally feels like you are walking in flour. It always feels cool, even on the hottest of days. (Just so you know, it gets damn HOT)!!
As you get closer to the Gulf, the sand is perfect for sandcastle building, hole digging,
and all aroung good people watching.
The water is the most beautiful blue-green color and generally pretty warm.
What else can I say, it is simply beautiful!
Sooooo, when was the last time I was there you ask?
(Besides a few weeks ago when my brother and SIL were here)
I can't remember!! I think it was when my mom and dad were here.
That was mid-May 2007!! Pretty sad huh?!
The kids LOVE the place! Syd, I think, has only been there 3 times! (she's 3).
So I think this summer, we are gonna spend some quality time in the sand.
After 5 pm, with 50 sunblock. (What? We are officially the whitest of white people-we burn in the shade)!!
I'll just have to deal with the sand in the car, in my house, and in the tub.
School is out in 1 week, Siesta Key Beach--here we come!!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Tell us when, and we'll be down to visit!!!!

Mrs. G. said...

Please dip your toes in that blue green water for me. I have a redhead too.